Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Good Morning.

It's almost Christmas.

Yesterday, I worked at the dementia/Alzheimer's area - switched places with one of the employees for assisted living to have someone to pass the medications.

The area was calm and nice, cozy, if I may say.

The activity for the afternoon was putting up the Christmas tree.

I watched the patients in silence as they put the ornaments on the branches. It crushed my heart, and I almost cried.

It was so beautiful to watch them hanging the colorful balls.

One patient said, "I'm done. I didn't put everything up so someone else can take their turn."

Isn't that heart warming?

Chrismas is my favorite holiday ~ well, it used to be. I think it still is. Because the memories of Christmas when I was back home still makes my heart beat fast.

Christmas carols made me sigh as they play on the radio last night.

No comments: